- Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of the Principal Story
- Pink wash, graphite, pen and black and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 22 3/4 x 14 inches (57.8 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The dotted Lines BC showes the situation of the presant wall"; in pen and brown ink, throughout, plan labeled; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Plan of the principal story with the | intended alterations and additions"; in graphite, throughout, calculations given; inscribed on verso in graphite, top left: "AD 570"
watermark, lower center; "W Sharp"; watermark upper center, crest
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | kitchen | plans (drawings) | stairs | washhouse
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of the Principal Story, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.