IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of the East Dining Room, 1811
Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of the East Dining Room
- Graphite and pen and black ink on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper and masking tape, verso, upper center
- Sheet: 15 1/8 x 21 3/4 inches (38.4 x 55.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Plan of East or Winter Dining Room | for Carpet"; in pen and black ink, right: "The dotted Lines represents | the Side Board"; in pen and black ink, right: "1/2 Inch Scale"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled; in graphite, lower right: "AD 572"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, top center: "East dining Parlor"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, center right: "August 1811 | J.J."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | carpet | dining room | marble | plans (drawings) | sideboard | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.