Design for the Staircase at Stratford Place
- Additional Title(s):
Selection of the Grand Staircase of the Rt Honerable Earl Pouletts, House in Stratford Place
- Pen and black ink, yellow and gray washes; (verso) graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- 16 1/2 x 23 1/8 inches (41.9 x 58.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section of the Grand Staircase of the Rt Hon.ble Earl Poulette, House in Stratford Place"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Blank", "Drawing Room", "Eating Room", "Hall"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Back stairs", "back st.s", "Water | Closet"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Bow Room"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "North West | Room"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "N.W. | Parlor"; in pen and brown ink, center: "[?upper]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 590"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns (architectural elements) | crest | dome | drawing room | festoons | halls | marble | molding | Neoclassical | parlor | roundels | staircase | stairs | urn | water closets
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Mayfair | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Design for the Staircase at Stratford Place, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.