- Design of Apollo and the Python for a Painted over-door Decoration
- Pen and brown ink with brown wash on thin, slightly textured, beige laid paper laid down on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 8 1/2 inches (21.3 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, on mount: "Ippochrisia "R" &&"; inscribed on verso in graphite: "AD 621"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | bow (weapon) | frame (furnishing) | masks (costume) | mythology | netting (material) | religious and mythological subject | rosaries | snake
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Design of Apollo and the Python for a Painted over-door Decoration, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.