Fortified House with Four Octagonal Courts: Basement Floor Plan
- Former Title(s):
[One of] Four Plans for a Palace
- Pen and brown ink with graphite on thick, smooth, cream vellum to a scale
- Sheet: 25 x 26 1/4 inches (63.5 x 66.7 cm)
Dimensions given in pen and brown ink, throughout; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Drafte of fortifications", "11.75"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | Elizabethan | floor plans | forts | palaces
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, sixteenth century, Fortified House with Four Octagonal Courts: Basement Floor Plan, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.