Fortified House with Four Octagonal Courts: Basement Floor Plan
- Former Title(s):
[One of] Four Plans for a Palace
- Pen and brown ink with graphite on thick, smooth, cream vellum to a scale
- Sheet: 25 x 26 1/4 inches (63.5 x 66.7 cm)
Dimensions given in pen and brown ink, throughout; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Drafte of fortifications", "11.75"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | Elizabethan | floor plans | forts | palaces
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, sixteenth century, Fortified House with Four Octagonal Courts: Basement Floor Plan, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.