View of Lucan House
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted to medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 7 1/4 inches (12.4 × 18.4 cm) and Mount: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right:"John James Barralet | Lucan House, Co Dublin | built 1776 bu the Rt. Hon. agmondis ham | Vesey Rom his own designs | with the helpof the Dublin | builder Michael Stapleton | Percy Collection"
Signed and dated, in pen and brown ink on mount, lower left: " J.J.Barralet Dublin 1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cows | genre subject | horses (animals) | landscape | men | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Dublin | Europe | Ireland | Leinster | Lucan
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John James Barralet, 1747–1815, British, View of Lucan House, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.