IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John James Barralet, 1747–1815, British, View of Lucan House, 1782
View of Lucan House
- Watercolor, pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted to medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 7 1/4 inches (12.4 × 18.4 cm), Mount: 6 × 8 inches (15.2 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right:"John James Barralet | Lucan House, Co Dublin | built 1776 bu the Rt. Hon. agmondis ham | Vesey Rom his own designs | with the helpof the Dublin | builder Michael Stapleton | Percy Collection"
Signed and dated, in pen and brown ink on mount, lower left: " J.J.Barralet Dublin 1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cows | genre subject | horses (animals) | landscape | men | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Dublin | Europe | Ireland | Leinster | Lucan
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.