- Additional Title(s):
Hartwell July 18-1833
- Brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 21 1/16 inches (36.4 x 53.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left, in artist's hand: "South"; in graphite, lower right, in artist's hand: "east"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "Hartwell July 18- 1833 C. Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bench | birds | bonnets | bushes | child | columns | country house | fence | gate | grass | landscape | parapet | paths | peacock | pheasants | trees | urns | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Buckinghamshire | England | Europe | Hartwell | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Country houses in Great Britain., Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1979, p. 90, no. 90, N6764 Y34 1979 (YCBA)