- Our Blessed Lady and St Thomas of Canterbury: Perspective of the Interior
- Gray wash, brown wash, and graphite with pen and black and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderatley textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/16 x 7 1/2 inches (31.3 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "interior of dudley church"; lower right: "AWPugin [in monogram] | 1838"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "AW Pugin [in monogram] | 1838"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altarpieces | altars | architectural subject | church | Gothic Revival | interior | people | praying
- Associated Places:
- Dudley | Dudley church | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, 1812–1852, British, Our Blessed Lady and St Thomas of Canterbury: Perspective of the Interior, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.