Sundorne Castle, Near Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Pen and brush and gray ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 16in. (26 x 40.6cm) and Sheet: 10 1/4 × 16 inches (26 × 40.6 cm)
Inscribed in lower right in graphite: "Sundorne" and in black ink: "J. Sanders -- [...] 1783"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Sanders -- [...] 1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape | pond | swans
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Country Houses in Great Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-10-10 - 1980-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Country houses in Great Britain., Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1979, pp. 78-29, no. 67, N6764 Y34 1979 (YCBA) [YCBA]