Print made by Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Design for London Bridge Approach, between 1827 and 1835
Design for London Bridge Approach
- between 1827 and 1835
- Gray wash over graphite and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- 8 1/4 x 18 1/16 inches (21 x 45.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "2 (encircled) | 62"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | bridge approach | buildings | church | cityscape | clouds | cobblestones | columns | design | eagles (birds) | figures | plan (drawing) | shields | sidewalks | streets | tower (building division) | walking
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | London Bridge | Southwark | Southwark Cathedral | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.