Print made by Sir Robert Smirke the younger, 1781–1867, British, Design for London Bridge Approach, between 1827 and 1835
Design for London Bridge Approach
- between 1827 and 1835
- Gray wash over graphite and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, greened white wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 8 1/4 x 18 1/16 inches (21 x 45.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "2 (encircled) | 62"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | bridge approach | buildings | church | cityscape | clouds | cobblestones | columns | design | figures | plan (drawing) | shields | sidewalks | streets | tower (building division) | walking
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | London Bridge | Southwark | Southwark Cathedral | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.