IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles James Richardson, 1806–1871, British, Design for an Elizabethan Style House, c.1840-1860
Design for an Elizabethan Style House
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite and gold on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 16 7/8 inches (29.2 × 42.9 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink on mount, lower left: "C.J. Richardson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Country Houses in Great Britain - Yale Center for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-10-10 - 1980-01-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Country houses in Great Britain., Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1979, pp. 11, 92, no. 93, N6764 Y34 1979 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.