- Design for a Door-knocker
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and brown ink on slightly textured, moderately thin, white laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 × 9 1/8 inches (37.6 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Escutchion & Knocker for an | Outer Door"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right (sheet trimmed): "for Watkins William Wynne Ba- | St James Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to office of Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Design for a Door-knocker, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.