Design for a Door-knocker
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and brown ink on slightly textured, moderately thin, white laid paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 × 9 1/8 inches (37.6 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Escutchion & Knocker for an | Outer Door"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower right (sheet trimmed): "for Watkins William Wynne Ba- | St James Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to office of Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Design for a Door-knocker, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.