IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Paine, 1717–1789, British, Design for the Gothic Library at Felbrigg Hall in Norfolk, ca. 1750
Design for the Gothic Library at Felbrigg Hall in Norfolk
- ca. 1750
- Graphite, watercolor, pen and black and brown ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, white laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 25 3/8 inches (50.8 × 64.5 cm)
Inscribed on scale bar in pen and brown ink, lower center: "1" to "10", "20 Feet"
Watermark: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | Gothic | interior view | library
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.