- Design for a Ceiling
- Watercolor with pen and black and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 21 7/8 inches (39.5 x 55.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "By George Richardon | c. 1776"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acanthus | angels | anthemions | architectural subject | arrows | ceilings | festoons | paterae (motifs) | putti
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Richardson, ca.1738–ca.1813, British, Design for a Ceiling, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.