Basilica of the Virgin of Copacabana, Bolivia
- Former Title(s):
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 3/4 × 17 inches (27.3 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in gray watercolor, lower left: "Copacabanca Convent. | Lake Titicaca SA "; in graphite, lower left: "Lg.W."; in pen and brown ink, lower center, "Copacabana Convent - Recoleta | Lake of Titicaca"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | convent | landscape | mountains | watercolor
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Godfrey Thomas Vigne, 1801–1863, British, Basilica of the Virgin of Copacabana, Bolivia, 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.