Design for a Monument to Sir James Reade, Hatfield
- Former Title(s):
Harefield - Design for a Monument to Sir James Reade
- Graphite, pen and black ink and brown wash on slightly textured, medium, brown laid paper bar scale of 3/4 inch to 1 foot, approximately
- Sheet: 13 × 9 3/4 inches (33 × 24.8 cm) and Mount: 17 × 12 11/16 inches (43.2 × 32.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Rysbrack"; in pen and black ink, lower center, scale bar labeled "1" to "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- design | monument
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Michael Rysbrack, 1694–1770, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1720), Design for a Monument to Sir James Reade, Hatfield, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.