Crofton Hall, Yorkshire
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 17 3/16 inches (29.2 x 43.6 cm), Plate: 10 7/16 x 14 1/2 inches (26.5 x 36.8 cm), Image: 6 1/4 x 9 7/16 inches (15.9 x 24 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by C. Cope."; lower center: "Published Dec.r.1st.1813 by M.r C. Cope. | CROFTON HALL, YORKSHIRE. | To Miss Richmal Magnall, of Crofton Hall, | This Plate is most respectfully Dedicated by her Ob,,t Serv,,t | C. Cope."; lower right: "Engraved by R. & D. Havell."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | country house | cows | fence | field | garden | gate | hall | house | lake | manor house | park (grounds) | pasture | pond | river | tower (building division) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Crofton | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.