Headfort House, Ireland: Elevation of the Eating Parlor
- Additional Title(s):
Design of a Chimney Piece for the Eating Parlor
- Pen and black and brown ink, gray wash and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, white laid paper
- Sheet: 25 11/16 x 14 9/16 inches (65.2 x 37 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Design of a Chimney Piece for the Eating Parlor"; in pen and brown ink, left, dimensions given; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale: "Scale of 12", "9", '6", "3", "0", and "1" to "5 feet"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1771"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acanthus | architectural subject | chimney pieces | columns | Corinthian order | dining room | festoons | fireplace | Graces (Charites), generally three in number; 'Gratie' (Ripa) | mantlepieces | Neoclassical | rosettes | scale | terms (sculpture)
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Laffan, Ireland : crossroads of art and design, 1690-1840, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, 2015, p. 225, no. 1, no. 1, N6787 .I74 2015 OVERSIZE (YCBA)