Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Great Room Ceiling
- Additional Title(s):
Design of a Ceiling for the Great Room towards the Garden
- Pen, black ink, and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper bar scale given
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 1/4 inches (28.9 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Design of a Cieling for the Great Room towards the Garden."; in pen and brown ink, lower center, scale bar labeled: "Scale of", "10", "5", "0", "10", "20 feet"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center left: "Ceiling"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1765."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceiling | festoons | great room | house | Neoclassical | room | rosettes | scale (rule)
- Associated Places:
- Dublin | Dublin | Ireland | Langford House | Leinster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Great Room Ceiling, 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.