Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Great Room Ceiling
- Additional Title(s):
Design of a Ceiling for the Great Room towards the Garden
- Pen, black ink, and gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper bar scale given
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 16 1/4 inches (28.9 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Design of a Cieling for the Great Room towards the Garden."; in pen and brown ink, lower center, scale bar labeled: "Scale of", "10", "5", "0", "10", "20 feet"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center left: "Ceiling"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1765."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceiling | festoons | great room | house | Neoclassical | room | rosettes | scale (rule)
- Associated Places:
- Dublin | Dublin | Ireland | Langford House | Leinster
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Great Room Ceiling, 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.