IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House, Ireland: Section of the Staircase, between 1771 and 1775
Headfort House, Ireland: Section of the Staircase
- Additional Title(s):
Section of one side of the Staircase
- between 1771 and 1775
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 5/8 inches (54 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section of one side of the Staircase."; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Scale of", "10", "5", "0", "10 Feet"; inscribed on verso, in graphite, lower right: "4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | doors | festoons | Neoclassical | rosettes | satyrs | sphinx | staircases | stairs | urns
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.