- Headfort House, Ireland: Section of the Staircase
- between 1771 and 1775
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper bar scale given
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 5/8 inches (54 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section of one side of the Staircase."; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Scale of", "10", "5", "0", "10 Feet"; inscribed on verso, in graphite, lower right: "4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | doors | festoons | Neoclassical | rosettes | satyrs | sphinx | staircases | stairs | urns
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House, Ireland: Section of the Staircase, between 1771 and 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.