Headfort House, Ireland: Section of the Staircase
- Additional Title(s):
Section of the Window side of the Staircase. For the Right Hon.ble The Earl of Bective.
- between 1771 and 1775
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 1/2 inches (54 x 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section of the Window side of the Staircase. For the Right Hon.ble The Earl of Bective."; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled: "Scale of", "10", "5", "10 Feet"; inscribed on verso in graphite, bottom right: "10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | grotesques | Neoclassical | rosettes | staircases | stairs | urns | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
City Dwellings and Country Houses - Robert Adam and his Style (Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, 1982-01-19 - 1982-04-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
City dwellings and country houses, Robert Adam and his style. , Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York, 1982, NJ18 Ad3 C66 (Haas)+ Oversize [ORBIS]