Headfort House, Ireland: Staircase Ceiling
- Additional Title(s):
Design of a Cieling for the Staircase. For The Right The Earl of Bective.
- between 1771 and 1775
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 5/8 inches (54 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, top center: "Design of a Cieling for the Staircase. For the Right The Earl of Bective."; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "5", "5"; in pen and brown ink: "drawing of the Ceiling of my Stair Case"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | festoons | Neoclassical | rosettes | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
City Dwellings and Country Houses - Robert Adam and his Style (Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, 1982-01-19 - 1982-04-11) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
City dwellings and country houses, Robert Adam and his style. , Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, New York, 1982, NJ18 Ad3 C66 (Haas)+ Oversize [ORBIS]