View of Swanage Bay, Dorset
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, smooth wove paper laid to card
- 4 1/2 x 5 3/4in. (11.4 x 14.6cm) and 5 3/4 x 7 1/2 inches (14.6 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Peverel Point Swanage"; inscribed verso, upper center, in graphite: "Swanage. Dorset 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape | marine art | sea | seascape
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | Swanage | Swanage Bay | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, View of Swanage Bay, Dorset, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.