Headfort House, Ireland: Lady's Room Ceiling
- Additional Title(s):
Design of a Ceiling for the Lady's Room over the Saloon for the Right Honble. Earl of Bective
- Graphic, watercolor with pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/8 x 22 3/16 inches (44.1 x 56.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Design of a Cieling for the Lady's Room over the Saloon. For His Right Honble. The Earl of Bective."; lower center: "Cornice" | labeled scale; inscribed on verso, center right: "Ceiling for the Room over The Saloon | A Design for A Ceiling for the Room over the Saloon at Headfort"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anthemions | architectural subject | ceiling | festoons | friezes | Graces (Charites), generally three in number; 'Gratie' (Ripa) | griffins | Neoclassical | rosettes | saloon | scale (rule) | urns | women
- Associated Places:
- Headfort House | Ireland | Kells | Leinster | Meath
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Headfort House, Ireland: Lady's Room Ceiling, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.