Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Elevations of Room Facing the Garden
- Additional Title(s):
Section of the Room Towards the Garden for the Rt. Honble Hercules Rowley, Esq.
- Pen and black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on linen
- Sheet: 28 7/16 x 20 9/16 inches (72.3 x 52.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section of the Room towards the Garden for the Rt Honble Hercules Rowley Esqr."; in pen and brown ink, center, dimensions given; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled; on sheet attached to back of mount, lower left: "2 | Draft for finishing 24 Feet Square Room"; on sheet attached to back of mount, lower center: "A draft of | Cornice and Frieze | for Kells | 2"; on sheet attached to back of mount, lower right: "2 | The Design of my Drawing Room Ceiling & Entablature"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1765."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | doors | elevation (drawing) | fireplaces | friezes | mirrors | Neoclassical | rosettes | scale (rule) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Dublin | Dublin | Ireland | Langford House | Leinster
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Elevations of Room Facing the Garden, 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.