- Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Elevations of Room Facing the Garden
- Pen and black ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on linen
- Sheet: 28 7/16 x 20 9/16 inches (72.3 x 52.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Section of the Room towards the Garden for the Rt Honble Hercules Rowley Esqr."; in pen and brown ink, center, dimensions given; in pen and brown ink, lower center, bar scale labeled; on sheet attached to back of mount, lower left: "2 | Draft for finishing 24 Feet Square Room"; on sheet attached to back of mount, lower center: "A draft of | Cornice and Frieze | for Kells | 2"; on sheet attached to back of mount, lower right: "2 | The Design of my Drawing Room Ceiling & Entablature"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Robt Adam Archt. 1765."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | doors | elevation (drawing) | fireplaces | friezes | mirrors | Neoclassical | rosettes | scale (rule) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Dublin | Dublin | Ireland | Langford House | Leinster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Adam, 1728–1792, British, Langford House, Dublin, Ireland: Elevations of Room Facing the Garden, 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.