- The River Chenab, Punjab
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 x 20 1/2 inches (36.5 x 52.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "The River Chenab. Punjab."
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "Wm. Simpson | 1865"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cart | genre subject | journey | landscape | mountains | oxen | path | river | snow | tent | tools | travel | walking
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Chenab | India | Punjab
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, The River Chenab, Punjab, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.