Allahabad, from the Right Bank of the Jumna
- Additional Title(s):
The Fort of Allahabad and the Junction of the Jumna with the Ganges
- Watercolor with gouache and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 20 1/4 inches (37.1 x 51.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Allahabad. from the right bank of the Jumna"; in graphite, on back, center: "163"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "Wm. Simpson | 1865."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cityscape | figures | fort | fountain | genre subject | landscape | military art | river | riverbanks | ships | sunset | walls
- Associated Places:
- Allahabad | Ganges | India | Punjab | Yamuna
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Allahabad, from the Right Bank of the Jumna, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.