Thugs in the School of Industry, Jubblepoor
- Additional Title(s):
Thugs in the School of Industry, Jabalpur
Thugs in the school of Industry Jubblepoor
- watercolor, gouache and graphite on thick, cream, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 1/2 inches (26 x 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower left: "Thugs in the school of Industry Jubblepoor."; inscribed on back in graphite center: "122 Mounted on Front Mount"
Signed in pen and brown in lower right: "Wm Simpson 1863."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | industry | laborers | looms | school | spinning wheel | weavers
- Associated Places:
- India | Jabalpur
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Thugs in the School of Industry, Jubblepoor, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.