- Thugs in the School of Industry, Jubblepoor
- watercolor, gouache and graphite on thick, cream, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 1/2 inches (26 x 36.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower left: "Thugs in the school of Industry Jubblepoor."; inscribed on back in graphite center: "122 Mounted on Front Mount"
Signed in pen and brown in lower right: "Wm Simpson 1863."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | industry | laborers | looms | school | spinning wheel | weavers
- Associated Places:
- India | Jabalpur
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Thugs in the School of Industry, Jubblepoor, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.