- Composition: two travellers and a dog on a road passing cottages, with ruins on a hill
- Watercolor, pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 5 7/8 inches (11.4 × 14.9 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower left:"La Cave"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottages | dog (animal) | genre subject | hill | horse (animal) | road | ruins | travellers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter La Cave, active 1769–1810, Composition: two travellers and a dog on a road passing cottages, with ruins on a hill, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.