IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, Illustration to Beaumont and Fletcher, undated
Illustration to Beaumont and Fletcher
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 4 inches (17.5 x 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "FOUR PLAYS | OR | MORAL REPRESENTATIONS | IN ONE"; lower center: "Rin, _____, that you would | place me conveniently to see the Play to Night. | Fri. That shall I, Signior Rinaldo; but would you | had come sooner: you see how full the Scaffolds are, there | is scant room for a Lovers Thought here."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | costume | hats | illustration | literary theme | men | plays | plumes | ruffs | stairs | swords | theater (discipline) | women
- Associated People:
- Beaumont, Francis (1584-1616) English dramatist
Fletcher, John (1579-1625) Jacobean playwright
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.