Illustration to Beaumont and Fletcher
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 4 inches (17.5 x 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "FOUR PLAYS | OR | MORAL REPRESENTATIONS | IN ONE"; lower center: "Rin, _____, that you would | place me conveniently to see the Play to Night. | Fri. That shall I, Signior Rinaldo; but would you | had come sooner: you see how full the Scaffolds are, there | is scant room for a Lovers Thought here."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | costume | hats | illustration | literary theme | men | plays | plumes | ruffs | stairs | swords | theater (discipline) | women
- Associated People:
- Beaumont, Francis (1584-1616) English dramatist
Fletcher, John (1579-1625) Jacobean playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, Illustration to Beaumont and Fletcher, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.