Clare Castle, Suffolk
- between 1797 and 1800
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 6 1/4 x 8 3/8 inches (15.9 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Clare Castle, Suffolk"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "MARooker"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | hill | landscape | men | river | ruins | staff | stream | wall
- Associated Places:
- Clare | Clare Castle | England | Europe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, Clare Castle, Suffolk, between 1797 and 1800