Shipping in Southampton Water, off Calshott Castle
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with pen and black ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 3/16 inches (16.5 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "(Reg no. 7670/3//27/439) | PM 6124 | Serres, Dominic | Calshott Castle near Southampton"
Signed in ink, lower left: "DS."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | castles | clouds | men | sea | shipping
- Associated Places:
- Calshot | England | Hampshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Masters of the Sea - British Marine Watercolors (National Maritime Museum, 2005-08-25 - 2005-10-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Masters of the Sea - British Marine Watercolors (Yale Center for British Art, 1987-06-10 - 1987-08-02) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Roger Quarm, Masters of the sea : British marine watercolours, , Phaidon, Oxford, UK, 1987, 73, 91, no. 44, pl. 40, ND2272 G7 Q73 (YCBA) [YCBA]