- The Bridge of Sighs, Venice
- Graphite with stumping on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 × 10 1/4 inches (37.1 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Ponte dei Sospiri"; inscribed on verso, lower center: "x"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridges (built works) | buildings | canal | cells | cityscape | correctional institution | gondolas | gondoliers | limestone | palace | prison
- Associated Places:
- Bridge of Sighs | Doge's Palace | Italy | Piazzetta di San Marco | Piombi | Ponte della Paglia | Rio di Palazzo | San Marco | Veneto | Venezia | Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, The Bridge of Sighs, Venice, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.