Caister Castle, Norfolk
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 14 1/4 inches (26 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower center: "CASTRE CASTLE, NORFOLK."
signed in black ink, lower left: "MRooker"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cows | fence | ponds | ruins | thatched roof | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Caister Castle | England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Michael "Angelo" Rooker, 1746–1801, British, Caister Castle, Norfolk, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.