- The Temple of Aphaia at Aegina: Sections
- Line engraving with graphite on thin, smooth, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 1/2 inches (29.8 × 44.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Drawing | [Aegina]"; in graphite, upper right: "Plate 6"; in graphite, center: "strengthen between columns | strengthen between columns"; in graphite, lower left: "No Triglyph"; in graphite, lower left: "Joint & band"; in graphite, upper right: "strengthen"; in graphite, lower right: "Triglyph"
Lettered, upper left, dimensions given; lettered, upper right, dimensions given
Signed and dated, lower left: "Proof Aug 8th 1828 [?GM]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Doric | Greek | religious and mythological subject | ruins | temple
- Associated Places:
- Aíyina | Europe | Greece
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edmund Turrell, active 1835–1860, British, The Temple of Aphaia at Aegina: Sections, 1828
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.