The Village of Aldbury, Hertfordshire
- Watercolor with pen and black ink and gouache over graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 13 inches (20.7 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back of mount, upper left: "George Shepherd. | Village of Aldbury Herts. Sept 22. 1816."; in red ink, on back of mount, upper left: "431-M."; in graphite, on back of mount, center: "Shepherd, George. | The Village of Aldbury, Hertfordshire"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | church | fence | genre subject | horse (animal) | houses | landscape | men | road | town | trees | village | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Aldbury | England | Europe | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Shepheard, ca. 1770–1842, British, The Village of Aldbury, Hertfordshire, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.