Thomas Sunderland, 1744–1828, British, Landscape at Ambleside, ca. 1800
Landscape at Ambleside
- ca. 1800
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, blue wash, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 x 17 13/16in. (33 x 45.2cm) and Sheet: 13 × 18 inches (33 × 45.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Thomas Sunderland: Landscape at Ambleside"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | genre subject | lake | landscape | mountains | property lines
- Associated Places:
- Ambleside | Cumbria | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Westmorland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.