IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Taverner, 1703–1772, British, An Italian Landscape: village on a hill left, hillside sloping towards right, with distant valley beyond, undated
An Italian Landscape: village on a hill left, hillside sloping towards right, with distant valley beyond
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 16 3/8 inches (19.4 × 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in black ink on mount:" William Taverner"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | trees | valleys (landforms) | villa | village
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.