Tysoe Windmill and Church, Warwickshire
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 14 7/8 inches (21.3 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left (see Signed field)
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "Tysoe Windmill and Church, Warwickshire, | [...]hill in the distance | August 15-1849 W Turner | Oxford"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | architectural subject | church | fields | landscape | meadows | plains | trees | valley | windmill
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Tysoe | United Kingdom | Warwickshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Turner of Oxford, 1789–1862, British, Tysoe Windmill and Church, Warwickshire, 1849
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.