The Thames Near the Penitentiary, Millbank, London
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 16 1/8 inches (29.2 x 41 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite center: "185-96"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink lower right: "J. Varley 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | chimneys | fences | houses | landscape | laundry | river | signs | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- England | London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 37, pl. 37, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)