View at Swiss Cottage, London
- Watercolor, pen, brown ink, black ink, graphite, gouache and gum arabic on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 x 10 5/16 inches (17.6 x 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen with black ink, lower right: " T. Boys 1836"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower center: "T.Boys 1836"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | cottage | fence | figures | rocks (landforms) | sky | Thatched buildings
- Associated Places:
- Camden | England | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, View at Swiss Cottage, London, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.