The Market Place, Tanta, Egypt
- Former Title(s):
The Market Place, Tanga, Egypt
- Watercolor, with pen in gray ink, black ink, brown ink, blue ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/16 × 20 1/2 inches (36.7 × 52.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with gray ink, lower left: "Market Place | Ianra Egypt"
Signed and dated in pen with gray ink, lower left: "WPBurton 1874"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | desert | landscape | minaret
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Misr | Tanta
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 76, pl. 76, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)