Regent's Park, London, The Colosseum, Clergy's Orphans' School and St. Andrew's Place, with Figures and Coaches
- ca. 1831
- Pen in black ink with brown and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 x 20 1/8 inches (16.7 x 51.1 cm) and Image: 4 1/8 x 17 13/16 inches (10.5 x 45.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso; lower center: "The Colosseum, Clergy orphan School & St. Andrew's Place | Regent's Park | Drawn by Richard Morris | [unclear writing] engraved in a Panorama | Round the Park 1831."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carriages | chimneys (architectural elements) | coaches (carriages) | columns (architectural elements) | dome | figures | gates | horses (animals) | lamp posts | park (grounds) | people | trees | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Morris, active 1830, British, Regent's Park, London, The Colosseum, Clergy's Orphans' School and St. Andrew's Place, with Figures and Coaches, ca. 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.