Whampoa and the Canton River
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (oval): 8 × 22 1/4 inches (20.3 × 56.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Canton"
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower right: "WWestall A.R.A. | 1845"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cottage | landscape | mountains | sailing | ships
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
James Taylor, Picturing the Pacific: Joseph Banks and the Shipboard Artists of Cook and Flinders, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, London, p. 235, N8258 .T39 2018 (LC) (YCBA)