- Whampoa and the Canton River
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slighlty textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 22 1/4 inches (20.3 × 56.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Canton"
Signed and dated in pen and gray ink, lower right: "WWestall A.R.A. | 1845"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | cottage | landscape | mountains | sailing | ships
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
James Taylor, Picturing the Pacific: Joseph Banks and the Shipboard Artists of Cook and Flinders, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, London, p. 235, N8258 .T39 2018 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Westall, 1781–1850, British, Whampoa and the Canton River, 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.