Interior of Milan Cathedral
- Watercolor with scraping over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 19 1/2 x 13 1/2 inches (49.6 x 34.3 cm)
Illegible inscriptions on back, lower right; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "S. PROUT | 33"; on back of mount, upper center: "Unknown, 19th c. | (Samuel Prout, formerly attributed to) | Interior of Milan Cathedral"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | capitals | cathedral | clerestory | clergy | drapery | figures | interior | men | niche | piers | pointed arches | pulpit | ribs | saint | sculpture | statue | vaults | women
- Associated Places:
- Duomo di Milano | Italy | Lombardia | Milano | Milano
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.