Hogarth Carrying his Master's Sick Child Round Leicester Fields. The Spot of Ground Leicester House.
- Part Of:
- Pen and brown ink, gray ink, black ink, gray wash, brown wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (32.7 × 24.8 cm) and Image: 7 5/16 × 5 5/8 inches (18.6 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "No 1 | Hogarth carrying his Master's | sick child round Leicester fields | The Spot of ground | Leicester house"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | child | costume | depiction | genre subject | men | woman
- Associated People:
- William Hogarth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Karen Junod, Writing the lives of painters, biography and artistic identity in Britain 1760-1810 , Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2011, p. 127,128, fig. 6, CT21 J85 2011 (YCBA)
Tessa Violet Murdoch, A glimpse of the apprentice William Hogarth engraving his master's shop-bill : the sign of the angel, Silver Studies, vol. 31, 2015, pp. 63-65, V 2571 (YCBA)