- Hogarth Carrying his Master's Sick Child Round Leicester Fields. The Spot of Ground Leicester House.
- Pen and brown ink, gray ink, black ink, gray wash, brown wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 9 3/4 inches (32.7 × 24.8 cm) and Image: 7 5/16 × 5 5/8 inches (18.6 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "No 1 | Hogarth carrying his Master's | sick child round Leicester fields | The Spot of ground | Leicester house"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | child | costume | depiction | genre subject | men | woman
- Associated People:
- William Hogarth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Karen Junod, Writing the lives of painters, biography and artistic identity in Britain 1760-1810 , Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2011, p. 127,128, fig. 6, CT21 J85 2011 (YCBA)
Tessa Violet Murdoch, A glimpse of the apprentice William Hogarth engraving his master's shop-bill : the sign of the angel, Silver Studies, vol. 31, 2015, pp. 63-65, V 2571 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Thomas Smith, 1766–1833, British, Hogarth Carrying his Master's Sick Child Round Leicester Fields. The Spot of Ground Leicester House, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.