IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, The Castle Mills Bridge, York, 1839
The Castle Mills Bridge, York
- Former Title(s):
Canal on the Outskirts of a Town
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 x 7 1/8 inches (11.1 x 18.1 cm)
Illegible inscriptions in graphite, on back, upper right; in brown ink, on back, center: "1780 (crossed out)"; in graphite, on back, center: "23"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "T. Boys - 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | cityscape | dome | houses | river
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Foss | United Kingdom | York
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.