- The Castle Mills Bridge, York
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 x 7 1/8 inches (11.1 x 18.1 cm)
Illegible inscriptions in graphite, on back, upper right; in brown ink, on back, center: "1780 (crossed out)"; in graphite, on back, center: "23"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "T. Boys - 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | cityscape | dome | houses | river
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Foss | United Kingdom | York
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, The Castle Mills Bridge, York, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.