- Rough Diamonds
- ca. 1760
- Pen, black ink and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 3 1/2 inches (14.9 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper left: "Rough Diamonds of Her Natural | Size | Crystals". Center left: "Faveriers Diamond", lower left: " rough Diamond"
Signed in black ink, lower left: " Richard Brookes Delin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crystal (material by form) | diamond | rocks (landforms) | still life
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Brookes, 1721–1763, Rough Diamonds, ca. 1760
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.