- between 1775 and 1780
- Brushed black ink, graphite, brown wash and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 x 12 3/8 inches (22.9 x 31.4 cm) and Mount: 10 5/8 x 14 inches (27 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount on back in pen and brown ink upper left: "Sketch by Cozens-"; in graphite center: "Royal | [ . . . ]"; in graphite lower right: "COZENS, Alexander | a Valley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains | trees | valley (landform)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Cozens, 1717–1786, British, A Valley, between 1775 and 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.