Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Allegory of Sea Trades, undated
Allegory of Sea Trades
- Pen and brown ink, watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/8 × 4 7/8 inches (9.2 × 12.4 cm)
signed in graphite, lower right: "Burney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | anchors | angel | arrows | bow | bow | cloak | Compass | compasses (direction indicators) | cornucopia (motif) | female | gods | orb | packages | quiver | religious and mythological subject | ships | staff | trade
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.